Hello, gentle readers. Thanks much for taking the time to check out this blog. I enjoy making it, and I hope you enjoy reading it.
If you do enjoy it, I thought I’d take a little time to illuminate you on ways you can help me to promote it. I like to think I’m providing one of the better sites on the web for old comics, but I don’t think it is reaching all that many people at this point… so I could use your help! Here are some ways to help me out, if you’re inclined…
1) Comment! I really don’t get many comments on what I post, and I would love to get more feedback on what you think of it. Currently, I make no money producing this site other than the very occasional tip, and getting comments is really a big part of what makes doing this worthwhile.
2) Tell your friends! Few things help more than good word of mouth.
3) Tell the world! If you have a blog, linking to my content is always appreciated! Links from your blogroll are wonderful as well. If you frequent message boards, I encourage you to mention this site.
4) Share this site! I’ve provided easy links to blogger, digg, del.icio.us, and other places you can use to share the content of this site at the bottom of each post. You can also fave this blog on Technorati.
5) Subscribe! If you like what see here, the best way to not miss anything is to subscribe. It is free to do so. The STWALLSKULL feed can be found here. If you do not currently use a feed reader, Google Reader is an excellent one.
What this site has to offer:
The Crumbling Paper Archive: Big, juicy scans I’ve made of some of our disappearing comics heritage, often featuring items that haven’t been seen in over a century.
HEY! KIDS! COMICS! A regular listing of fun comics found around the internet.
Obscure Images. Posts of comics images found around the web in auctions and other places.
Interesting Links. A regular listing of interesting content of all sorts from around the interneticles.
Other miscellaneous things show up regularly as well, like the comics I draw, animated cartoons I find around on the internet, music videos of the kinds of crusty old music I dig, the currently abandoned 150 Greatest Cartoonists Countdown project, and my usual bizarre and ill-informed rants and ramblings.
Thanks for your help, and thanks for reading!