Springcon is this weekend, and that got me thinking about all of the exciting stuff happening in the Twin Cities for cartoonists this year. Below is what I posted here on the Cartoonist Conspiracy site.
There is a lot of evidence piling up that this will be the best year ever to be a Minnesota cartoonist! Open your calendar now and write yourself down some dates…
- We will be doing more Cankeratures this Friday (May 14), starting around 6:00, at Altered Esthetics for Art-A-Whirl. If you want to show up and draw people, please do!
- Springcon is this weekend! (May 15-16) (please note that we are still looking for more volunteers to help out at our table)
- The Graphic Novel & Comic Book Writing and Illustrating Conference June 19th
- The Lutefisk Sushi D show August 6th at Altered Esthetics (participation deadline June 15th)
- The Minneapolis Indy Expo (MIX) August 21st (tables still available!)
- The City Pages 4th Annual Comics issue (participation deadline August 9th)
- Britt Aamodt‘s book from the Minnesota Historical Society Press, Superheroes, Strip Artists, & Talking Animals: Minnesota’s Contemporary Cartoonists coming out this fall
- 24 Hour Comic Day October 2nd
- Fallcon October 16th
- As always, The Cartoonist Conspiracy will also be hosting jams twice every month in the Twin Cities… first Thursdays at Diamond’s Coffee Shoppe 1618 Central Avenue NE Minneapolis, and third Thursdays at 6:30 at Cahoots Coffee 1562 Selby Ave St. Paul. We also have an open studio a different Saturday every month at The Minnesota Center For Book Arts.
I’ve heard rumor of some other things as well. Get ready to be busy and have a lot of fun.